In an era of IOT (Internet of Things) it is a free calls, free messages, free picture sharing with anywhere and anyone are super exciting words. All these facilities are provided by a Smartphone application named Viber which allows you to connect freely over your internet. Download viber for Windows 8.1 laptop or Windows 8 PC/laptop will make you able to use Viber on your laptop or computer.
Viber features and Introduction:
Viber was developed by Viber media with an initial release on 2nd December 2012. Viber Media is registered in Las Vegas and Cyprus and holds it development centers at Belarus and Israel. It is an app for smart phones featuring instant messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP), also allowing to exchange images and audio/video messages.
Initially, Viber was only launched for iPhones in the year of 2010 and faced a direct competition with Microsoft Skype. Later in the year of 2011, it was launched for Android platform but at that time it was restricted to only 50,00 users. Finally, an unrestricted version of Viber app was launched in July 2012. Simultaneously in few months, Viber for Windows phone, Blackberry, Symbian, Bada, and Microsoft windows (desktop) was also launched. It avails it license from Freemium.
- Viber features HD-quality phone calls to Windows phone 8 and is available in 30 languages across the globe. The functionality of Viber varies from one platform to other platform. Viber allows sharing of text, images and video messages on all platform but the feature of voice calling is restricted to only iPhone, Android and Microsoft Windows Phone.
While installation process, Viber creates a user account with phone’s name as the username for that particular account. Then the phone address book is completely synchronized by the app. This helps in avoiding every single contact entry in Viber contact list.
Automatically all the contacts from the phone address book get added in Viber contact list (as it uses the phone number for contact list). Viber of version 2.3 has added many smileys along with some default images to make communication much more interesting.
As Viber was in direct competition with Skype, in December 2013, Viber launched a new version named Viber Out which allows the user to make phone calls on mobile and landline numbers. Hence, this states that users can make calls through Viber to people or friends who are not using Viber app. To explore this feature, users need to tap on more option and choose for Viber Out.
Related: Hotstar for PC
Install Viber for Windows 8/8.1 Laptop/PC & Window 7 PC
Although Viber is not officially for PC’s and windows but that’s why we are here to provide you the guide. Read the guide below that will explain you on how you can download BBM for Desktop using very simple steps:
- You will need to have downloaded and installed the Bluestacks which you will get from official website.
- After that you need to install BlueStacks App Player, open the run-time setup file you have downloaded and install it on your Pc.
- Now in the search bar on home screen, just search for Viber Application using the Bluestacks tool.
- You will easily find the Viber app and you can go ahead to install it.
- That’s all. You can start using it immediately and start enjoying and chatting.
I hope you have installed viber app on your windows Pc successfully, in case you still find any difficulty while installing the app on your computer feel free to ask in the comment section below.